CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Meaning of Christmas

After reading the book "Purpose of Christmas" it made me think about the true meaning of Christmas. So many people are pulled in so many directions from their daily lives that they don't stop to think about why we celibrate Christmas. I am guilty, I get so busy with the shopping each Christmas and working and just getting so busy that I forget to talk with my daughter and explain to her the true meaning of Christmas. In public school they can't get to religous, so it's up to us as parents to teach her. After reading this book I am going to start a new tradition. We will celibrate Jesus' birthday every year on Christmas Eve. Hannah and I will bake a cake and we will all sing Happy birthday to him.

1 comments:

Loni's World said...

Awesome idea! I grew up with a friend whos family did that every year, they would also donate a useful gift or do something giving in memory of Jesus.